Cancer Carer - Day 30

30 days ago, I did something I never thought I'd have to.  I sat in a dark windowless room, tired and hungry, and told my mum that the Radiologist had seen a considerable sized lump on her ovary.  The doctor suspected she had ovarian cancer and wanted to do a CT scan to see if it had spread.

When I was younger, I loved to poetry and won a competition for young writers.  (Maybe I’ll post that poem here one day!)  When my dad died, I stopped writing, because it made me cry all the time and was too hard.  I wanted to bury my feelings, so I put my pen down.  Yesterday, I decided to pick my (virtual) pen up again and tell you what it’s like to care for someone with cancer and to find support in these words as my mum and I embark upon this road together.

M x

Comments

Popular Posts