Chemotherapy - week 3

This past week has not been easy being at my Mother's bedside, juggling both full time employment aswell as being deeply worried for my mother.  Luckily, she is on the mend and is likely to be discharged tomorrow - hooray!  I know that this is only the third week into a 6 cycle chemotherapy treatment and there is still so much heartache and work ahead for both her and I but today, I am optimistic.  I have seen her walk around the ward and smile at her own accomplishments.  I have watched her eat the large portions of the hospital meals and not sigh as she has to eat.  I have watched the drips and machines be removed from her one after the other and with it the weight lifted from her shoulders.  I have seen the doctor's; nurses and other patients praise her improvement and say what great progress she is making.  I have seen her rebuild her confidence so that she is not afraid to go home and be faced with so many side effects again, just her and I.  For now, I am hopeful that she and I are strong enough to go into chemotherapy cycle #2 next week.

I would really appreciate your support, follow me on Twitter with some words of encouragement @CancerCarerChat

Mx




Comments

  1. The power of faith and medicine got me through the treatment 13 years ago. May you find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words Carol and for reading the post. Glad to hear that you have so many years behind you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts