Birthday blog

There was a point earlier this year when the mere thought of celebrating anything again in my life was but a distant memory.  But I am so absolutely grateful that I have my mother to celebrate my 37th birthday with me.  We didn't or couldn't do anything massive but I've never really been one to celebrate my birthday anyway.  I did though, want to take the opportunity to do something nice and something different than what we have been doing for the last 6 months.  I wanted to make memories.  So we spent the day walking the furthest my mum has walked in 6 months with the assistance of her mobility aid.

I was so proud of her to be brave enough to walk that far just 10 days after chemotherapy cycle #5.  It was a mild day but very windy, so she wasn't too cold and not too muddy.  Since it was a week day, the grounds were quite but for the odd tourist.  We walked at a leisurely pace, me asking her if she was tired every so often.  We stopped at a bench for a short rest and took a few photos.  As we walked up the path which was approximately 0.5 miles, she rested on the seat of her frame which I had thankfully thought to bring.  As we walked into the gift shop, we had a look at the gifts.  The cafe was quiet so we found a small table and purchased a treat!


The coffee and walnut cake was a great choice.  All the more sweeter in the knowledge that this was the first fun, leisurely outing that we had had in months.  We celebrated the distance she had walked, we celebrated that she was able to spend my birthday with me.  We celebrated how far we had come and most of all, we celebrated the fact that we had hope, hope that she would be able to do this again.

Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer
T – Toilet habit changes
E – Energy levels dropping
A – Abdominal pain/ swelling
L – Loss of appetite

Mx

Comments

Popular Posts