Sharing is caring. CCGG2017 #7

Blogmas on the CancerCarerChats blog is a daily charitable Christmas gift guide with a twist - each post will feature an idea for a charitable act.  Christmas is a time for giving whether it be for someone you know or for a stranger.  Take the time at this time of the year to do a good deed, just one small act can help someone who is less fortunate than you are.  
As a reminder, my mum was diagnosed with Stage IV ovarian cancer in March 2017 when I started this blog to raise awareness of the importance of early detection of ovarian cancer and my life as a carer.  I care for my mum, trying to ease some of the load on her and walk by her side on this journey.  It’s just as hard to watch someone you love go through pain, than to experience it yourself.
*****************************************************************

We all know how powerful social media is.  The Gangnam Style song and dance (quite literally!) became a world wide phonomenon through the viral spread of the music video.  Youtube creators have been able to make millions.  The #MeToo campaign has brought forth the undeniable spread of sexual abuse and in doing so famous Hollywood stars to justice.  Social media has the power to effect people's lives and create mass movements but there are some poeple who enjoy social media purely for the entertainment value.  Share information with friends, find out what someone's up to and just reach out to someone for 'conversation'.  Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn, the list is endless and there is a platform out there for everyone and most people use social media in some form or other for either business or pleasure.  In 2018, it is estimated that there will be around 2.67 billion social media users around the globe, up from 1.91 billion in 2014.  Imagine, if you have something to say, potentially, how big your audience could be and how many people you could reach with your message.  Some of us, do not have anything to say and merely want to keep up with current affairs but for those who have a strong and consistent message, I like to have an open mind, listen, respect another person's opinion and if important, share the message along.  I tend not to care if the message, picture or comment is relevant to the theme of my social media.  If the message is relevant, then I share it because I believe in promoting positive messages on social media and remember the reach that is available to me.  If I see someone comment that they are having a rough day, then I like to reply with a nice comforting message.  If I see a picture with an inspirational quote, then I will retweet it.  If I have a message to spread, then I share it.  So when using social media, remember the reach that you have at your fingertips and the choice you make as to what you wish to share and what you choose not to share.  For Christmas, I'd really like it if you could share the following for me.


Mx

Comments

Popular Posts